Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How much space will it Take??

friends,
I m in a process of makin a website tat will store the vital
statistics of users.Users can turn out to be in millions!!!
Can u help me to kno how much space will tat take and how much space
should i book online to keep my site in wrkin condition.
Ur help sought.
Thanx
samraatWithout table definitions (Including indexes) that would be impossible.
100 milllion users at an average of 8 bytes per row is small
100 million users at an average of 7800 bytes per row with 70 indexes most of them compound could be nasty.
Like I said, without definitions the permetations are endless.
Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA
www.SQLDTS.com
I support PASS - the definitive, global community
for SQL Server professionals - http://www.sqlpass.org|||samabhik,
> I m in a process of makin a website tat will store the vital
> statistics of users.Users can turn out to be in millions!!!
> Can u help me to kno how much space will tat take and how much
> space should i book online to keep my site in wrkin condition.
Once you have your schema, you can calculate how much space you will
need. Refer to the topic Estimating Database Size in Books Online
for an example.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment