Thursday, March 29, 2012

How Query Same Columns w/Mulitple Criteria

I am trying to build my first report that is more than a simple columnar
report and wonder if you guys can help. I need to query the same sets of
fields but with different criteria and compare them over time as follows:
-show order NetAmount, Gross Amount, %NetAmount for each sales person for
2003
-show order NetAmount, Gross Amount, %NetAmount for each sales person for
2004
-show % change
Might look something like:
SalesPersId 03GrsAmt 03NetAmt 03NetAmt% | 04GrsAmt 04NetAmt 04NetAmt%
| GrsChg% NetChg%
Not sure if this needs subqueries/subreports or some othe report feature.
I am struggling with the documentation so many thanks for any helpTake a look at [Company Sales.rdl] sample report that ships with the
product.
--
Ravi Mumulla (Microsoft)
SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Mike Harbinger" <MikeH@.Cybervillage.net> wrote in message
news:%23gFwvgDrEHA.3868@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I am trying to build my first report that is more than a simple columnar
> report and wonder if you guys can help. I need to query the same sets of
> fields but with different criteria and compare them over time as follows:
> -show order NetAmount, Gross Amount, %NetAmount for each sales person for
> 2003
> -show order NetAmount, Gross Amount, %NetAmount for each sales person for
> 2004
> -show % change
> Might look something like:
> SalesPersId 03GrsAmt 03NetAmt 03NetAmt% | 04GrsAmt 04NetAmt
04NetAmt%
> | GrsChg% NetChg%
> Not sure if this needs subqueries/subreports or some othe report feature.
> I am struggling with the documentation so many thanks for any help
>
>|||Thanks for the resonse. I don't have the sampe data base loaded that is
needed for the sampler reports and not sure why it wasn't created during the
install.
-How would I go about installing that DB?
-If I were using straigt SQL for this, what functions would I need;
subqueries, group by ..?
Thanks again!sql

No comments:

Post a Comment